Winged Artillery, 1944-07-21
. Silent, color WWII film with title cards. Description from the National Archives: "Summary:
1) LS A man-made dock.
2) MLS Trucks being loaded from Landing Craft.
3) CS Signs "47TH BOMB SQUADRON", "48TH bOMB SQUADRON" and "41ST bOMB GROUP".
4) MS Tents hidden in the palms.
5) MC Men mixing cement.
6) CS Men unloading Japanese bombs onto the sand.
7) MC Men constructing group headquarters.
8) MC sporting supplies.
9) CS Man sleeping in a hammock.
10) MC Men filling bags with sand.
11) MC EM stringing communication lines.
12) MC Constructing a mess hall.
13) CS One of the Orderly rooms.
14) MC Quonset huts used as offices.
15) CS A Chaplain.
16) CS A wash rack.
17) MC Man washing clothes.
18) MS Man bathing.
19) MS Men swimming.
20) MS Men washing mess equipment.
21) MS Sign "O'Hare Field".
22) LS P-40 taxiing.
23) MS Airfield under construction.
24) MS B-25s taxiing.
25) MS Same as scene 23.
26) MC Brig Gen T.H. Landan and staff.
27) MC EM preparing planes for action.
28) MC EM cleaning guns, reloading ammunition and replacing oxygen. 29) CS Man reading bulletin board.
30) CU A bulletin.
31) CS going to briefing.
32) MS Men going to their planes.
33) CS Man checking bombs.
34) MS Engines start.
35) MS B-25s taxiing.
36) MS Control tower.
37) MLS B-25s taking off.
38) MS Men watch the take off.
39) AS A. formation of B-25s.
40) A Mille Island.
41) A 75mm cannons firing.
42 A B-25 strafing Japanese airfield.
43) A. B-25 flying low over water.
44) A. Formation of B-25s over water.
45) A. B-25 peeling off to land.
46) LS B-25s landing.
47) LS B-25 crash landing.
48) MS The crashed plane.
49) MS B-25s taxiing.
50) MS A man sleeping.
National Archives Identifier: 64545
As always, any error or typo is mine and if you enjoy my uploads or if you intend to make $ or otherwise profit from these files, please consider making a donation to a veteran's charity of your choice and/or Archive.org itself. Thanks. :)